giovedì 7 marzo 2013

Adam Levine, The Hollywood Reporter: Maroon 5 Singer Admits He Was Skeptical About 'The Voice'



Although Adam Levine found success as a reality TV judge on "The Voice," he admits that he was hesitant about joining the show for a variety of reasons. Appearing on the cover of the March 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter, Adam opened up about his journey from singer to TV star. "I scoffed at it initially," the Maroon 5 frontman recalls, saying his perception of reality TV was "just a bunch of f--king a--holes who are fame whores." Once joining the show, Adam says it was easy for him to stand out amongst other musicians in Hollywood. "As a pop star, you don't have to be that smart for people to think you're intelligent. The bar is f--king low; if you have half a brain, they think you're amazing. So I have that going for me," he laughs to the mag. "I don't lie, and that's unusual in a world of media-obsessed, media- trained f--king liars who will sit here with you and totally bulls--t you to further their own careers ... I say the wrong thing, I offend people, and I piss people off, all of which I like." Adam said his upfront honesty has helped the public's perception of him. "No one knew what I was really like or whether I had anything to say," he explains. "The show put me in an interesting light to be cross-examined and analyzed by the world at large, and I think that I succeeded in making them like me." Despite being cautious of the role, which he reportedly receives $10-$12 million for each season, Adam is thankful for what's come of it. "'The Voice' was the first real job I've ever had that wasn't just messing around with music," he says. "I don't really know what happened, but it initiated some kind of mode in my brain. It put me on this trajectory, and I love it." "The Voice" returns March 25.
Filed Under :

0 commenti for "Adam Levine, The Hollywood Reporter: Maroon 5 Singer Admits He Was Skeptical About 'The Voice'"

Posta un commento

background